Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In the words of Arnie, "Two weeks"

Today marks two weeks since I arrived in Bangkok. Two weeks!

I was such a noob then. But now, the seasoned traveller who can order food, make a taxi driver understand where I want to go, and mime washing clothes so that the security guard shows me where the laundry is.

There are, however, certain things I'm discovering that I simply did not bring with me, that would make life easier. Here's my list so far of things that I didn't bring. You may like to jot these down should you ever move somewhere for three months.
  1. Can opener. Though my small utility tool will pierce the top of a spaghetti sauce can.
  2. Cereal bowl. The little ornate Thai dish that came with the apartment is nice, but not practical.
  3. Bread knife.
  4. Power plug adapter. I know!
  5. Bath mat.
  6. Toilet roll holder. It's all about the hose in Thailand.
  7. Laundry basket.
  8. Coat hangers.
  9. Umbrella and/or rain coat.
  10. Enough clothes that it doesn't look like I'm wearing the same five ensembles every week.

You see, three months is kind of an in-between stay. It's not quite a short holiday and it's not quite moving in either. I guess Bangkok and I are still checking each other out to see if we like each other before we make any long-term plans.

Pretty soon I'll have to have that conversation about seeing other people...

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment