Friday, March 4, 2011

Heat? What heat?

It's definitely muggier here in Bangkok, but roasting hot? Not yet.

There's been cloud cover for my first two days in Bangkok, so it's been relatively cool. I still work up a sweat walking down the street, but nothing like I was expecting. "Just wait", Matt tells me.

I've been looking at places to stay today - condos, apartments, flats. About halfway through the expedition I was feeling a little overwhelmed. This is a very different place.

Little streets (soi) everywhere; giant highrises next to delapidated weatherboard houses; trying to listen to Thai and understand what people are saying; converting Baht to Aussie Dollars in my head wherever I go...

I think I just need a little lie down.

A nice quiet evening, a good sleep-in tomorrow, wander around the city and I'll be ready to think about where I want to live for the next 3 months.

But it's the people who make this place - you could live anywhere with these beautiful people.

Kop khun krub.

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment